The tool lending library is like a public library, except for borrowing tools and other non-media items. Among the advantages are:
• Equity: provide access to everyone for making repairs and creating
• Sustainability: reduce number of tools manufactured and trashed
• Community: abundance for all our neighbors
• Growth: opportunity for growth, learning, experimentation
• Cost: share cost of purchase and maintenance
• Space: access to hundreds of tools without needing to store them
• Knowledge: space for learning, training and workshops
• Confidence: build skills and confidence at your own pace
More on the left
Special requests to email@example.com
In the bottom floor of the Granite building in Roosevelt Center
use the side (south-west) entrance with the stairs going down
Greenbelt Makerspace Cooperative
115 Centerway, suite 108
Greenbelt MD 20770
The Greenbelt Makerspace Cooperative is a 501 (c)3 non-profit tax-exempt organization (EIN: 81-4735855) since April 2013
To join the Tool Library, create an account at our online library and certify that you will abide by the Liability Waiver and Indemnification Agreement, Borrower’s Agreement and Code of Conduct (also in PDF to print and bring with you). Sign a paper copy of the application by visiting during our hours of operation. We apologize that we are asking for your information twice (online and on paper).
Please donate your membership dues online. Please donate what you can, such as this voluntary sliding scale membership dues schedule based on your individual income. Larger donations are definitely welcome. The upfront money will help the Tool Library buy more tools that you can borrow. There is NO additional fee to borrow tools - only if they are late or lost!
up to $25,000
$25,000 to $50,000
$50,000 to $75,000
Remember that the tools you are borrowing belong to the whole community – care for them, bring them back, and stay honest.